This post with cover some basic marketing mistakes that many of us make especially if we are just starting out in business and trying to do it all on our own or have a small team. Facebook is still a goldmine for customers even in 2020. Now sadly we are going through a tough time with COVID19, but there is still opportunity for a lot of brands that are still functioning.
Are you guilty of any of these 10 mistakes on Facebook?
- Relying on organic reach / Not running effective ads.
- Trying to do it all yourself
- Not having good page names / URL's / Information on your page.
- Posting poor or average content.
- Not creating video content.
- Not having a content plan or schedule.
- Promoting offers or products too much.
- Ignoring fan comments and engagement.
- Posting too often.
- Posts that are not aligned with your brand.
Most of these mistakes come down to one of two things: not having a solid strategy for your online marketing and not keeping up with best practices. Yes, some of these 'tactics' may change over time but most of the time it really is just caring more about your customers needs rather than just your own, diving deep and thinking what it is they would really enjoy seeing on their feed, how you can make conversation with them easy and not trying to sell, sell, sell.
This is just an overview of the many mistakes that brands make on Facebook, more detail will be added to this post soon, so you can see the reasons why some mistakes can be so damaging and limiting to a business.